Finding Sustainable Food30 Aug 2018
Have you downloaded the fair food forager app 2.0 yet?
Searching food venues that deserve your money, businesses trying to reduce their impact on the planet and chatting to or sharing images with people just like you. An ethical food directory that is also a little like #instagramforgreenies
If you have an Android mobile phone, our app is still under construction, apologies but we are getting there. It is available to download and you can search food venues and get a feel for the look and what it does. You can still follow people and post in text.
If you have an iPhone, join in on the discussion, post images and search, rate and share ethical food options.
Left to right;
1. Download in the Appstore
2. You see the feed and can search for ethical food
3. Login with Facebook, Twitter or Email
4. Now you can start posting, rating and commenting on everything within
Here are some tips for iPhone users who are looking to support businesses that deserve their money while sharing images with like-minded people.
1. Set your profile image by touching the profile image space
2. Set your cover / background image by touching the background image space
3. Adjust your settings including your profile name using the settings cog icon in your profile
4. Turn on location services in your phone settings and use the near me "green" pin in the top right from the "explore" button. You can also filter your search by highlighting the icons at the top. ie. Search Ocean Friendly venues near you by touching the Ocean Friendly icon and the near me pin at the same time.
1. Choose a cafe, restaurant, grocer, bar, bakery, caterer, or supplier you like, you can use the map to locate the venue or get in touch with them with social buttons, phone and email inside the listing
2. Touch the icons for an explanation
3. After trying the venue, rate and comment on your experience and give them some love
4. You can forward the venue or a post from the feed to a friend using the "share" buttons throughout the app
1. Scroll through the feed, like and comment on posts
2. Create your own post using the "create" tab, or check in at a venue using the "check in" button. If we don't have the venue it will be sent to us as a user suggestion, so tell us why you like it. You can use #hashtags and @username to engage others or flag something you would like others to see.
3. Search a place, a type of food or a venue in the search bar
4. Search a person, a business profile, or a post in the search bar by choosing either "top", "users" or "posts" to find what you want
5. You can follow the person by tapping the + symbol inside the profile or by searching other users "followers" and "following"
There is more to come, maps, help finding friends inside the app and posting of videos or links. One step at a time though we are getting there and its a lot of fun, so jump on with us and tag us in your posts #instagramforgreenies #fairfoodforagerapp
Paul Hellier - Founder
22 Top Tips for this Plastic Free July10 Jul 2019 | Read More >
This Plastic Free July, the Peloton Against Plastic will round out the month with the official launch of the film July 31 around the world. This article on how to get started on your plastic free journey was popular when it came out so we thought we'd run it again. Have a dabble with a few little...
6 Ways to Travel Without Buying Water.18 Jul 2019 | Read More >
350 million plastic water bottles are used globally each day ...that's right! ..... THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY...MILLION! ... A DAY! That's a lot of plastic! And at a decomposition rate of 700 years or so per bottle, that's not good for our planet, to put it mildly. What can you do about it? Well,...
Dianna Cohen - Moving Toward a Plastic-Free World - Pt 106 Jan 2017 | Read More >
On a recent trip to North America, I decided to drop an email to one of my favourite organisations, The Plastic Pollution Coalition (PPC). To my delight there was a quick response . Within days their CEO and inspiring co-founder, Dianna Cohen graciously set up a meeting with me . We met a few...
A Chat with Costa Part I - The Aperture of Life02 Jun 2016 | Read More >
He is arguably the most popular and enthusiastic of all hosts of ABC's Gardening Australia program. You will see him around in a number of aliases, having a good time. Regardless, the one thing that always comes with a Costa Georgiadis appearance is a contagious positivity and your sudden...
Owed to Moose28 Jul 2016 | Read More >
This one is for me, its for my best mate Moose and I! I haven’t seen him yet, I’m in the air, somewhere over NSW, but I know he isn’t there anymore. The big black, laid back, super calm shadow of me, for twelve years is no longer there. For twelve years he has followed me absolutely everywhere. If...