Flame Tree Community Coop
Forager Verified | Groceries
Flame Tree Community Co-operative prioritises organic, local and unpackaged food and groceries. Ecological sustainability, health, and ethical trade are the cornerstones of this members owned and operated business. We take a holistic approach to sustainability, with an awesome community of people that voluntarily research and liaise with our suppliers and products.
* Certified organic produce and uncertified chemical free produce from growers we know.
* Buy direct from local farmers
* A pick-up location for 2 local box schemes - Green Connect and Green Box
* Use reusable containers to minimise packaging waste.
* Minimise food waste, through donation and composting
* We prioritise unprocessed wholefoods
* Our rented shop space is powered by 100% renewable energy
* Our furnishings are made from recycled timber Thanks to some of our skilled and qualified volunteers, we keep our appliances in good working order, prioritising repair over replacement where possible.
* We do not provide or sell plastic bags
* Our branded T-shirts and Bags are made with certified organic Indian cotton
* Our shop is located on a major bus route, and a few minutes walk from a major train station
* We have a children’s play space comprised of quality donated second hand toys
* We raise funds for local charities and environmental organisations
- Monday – Closed
- Tuesday – 1000 - 1800
- Wednesday – 1000 - 1800
- Thursday – 1000 - 1900
- Friday – 1000 - 1800
- Saturday – 1000 - 1600
- Sunday – Closed
Give Your Feedback
22 Top Tips for this Plastic Free July06 Jul 2017 | Read More >
We're already a few days in to Plastic Free July. You still don’t know where to start? Okay, so some things are going to be easier than others when you first start walking this walk. It’s all doable though, and in the coming weeks we will take a deeper look at things to help. Why are we...
6 Ways to Travel Without Buying Water.13 Jul 2017 | Read More >
350 million plastic water bottles are used globally each day ...that's right! ..... THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY...MILLION! ... A DAY! That's a lot of plastic! And at a decomposition rate of 700 years or so per bottle , that's not good for our planet, to put it mildly. What can you do with it? Well,...
Dianna Cohen - Moving Toward a Plastic-Free World - Pt 106 Jan 2017 | Read More >
On a recent trip to North America, I decided to drop an email to one of my favourite organisations, The Plastic Pollution Coalition (PPC). To my delight there was a quick response . Within days their CEO and inspiring co-founder, Dianna Cohen graciously set up a meeting with me . We met a few...
A Chat with Costa Part I - The Aperture of Life02 Jun 2016 | Read More >
He is arguably the most popular and enthusiastic of all hosts of ABC's Gardening Australia program. You will see him around in a number of aliases, having a good time. Regardless, the one thing that always comes with a Costa Georgiadis appearance is a contagious positivity and your sudden...
Owed to Moose28 Jul 2016 | Read More >
This one is for me, its for my best mate Moose and I! I haven’t seen him yet, I’m in the air, somewhere over NSW, but I know he isn’t there anymore. The big black, laid back, super calm shadow of me, for twelve years is no longer there. For twelve years he has followed me absolutely everywhere. If...