Flame Tree Community Coop
Forager Verified | Groceries
Flame Tree Community Co-operative prioritises organic, local and unpackaged food and groceries. Ecological sustainability, health, and ethical trade are the cornerstones of this members owned and operated business. We take a holistic approach to sustainability, with an awesome community of people that voluntarily research and liaise with our suppliers and products.
* Certified organic produce and uncertified chemical free produce from growers we know.
* Buy direct from local farmers
* A pick-up location for 2 local box schemes - Green Connect and Green Box
* Use reusable containers to minimise packaging waste.
* Minimise food waste, through donation and composting
* We prioritise unprocessed wholefoods
* Our rented shop space is powered by 100% renewable energy
* Our furnishings are made from recycled timber Thanks to some of our skilled and qualified volunteers, we keep our appliances in good working order, prioritising repair over replacement where possible.
* We do not provide or sell plastic bags
* Our branded T-shirts and Bags are made with certified organic Indian cotton
* Our shop is located on a major bus route, and a few minutes walk from a major train station
* We have a children’s play space comprised of quality donated second hand toys
* We raise funds for local charities and environmental organisations
- Monday – Closed
- Tuesday – 10am - 6pm
- Wednesday – 10am - 6pm
- Thursday – 10am - 7pm
- Friday – 10am - 6pm
- Saturday – 10am - 4pm
- Sunday – Closed
Give Your Feedback
Dianna Cohen - Moving Toward a Plastic-Free World - Pt 106 Jan 2017 | Read More >
On a recent trip to North America, I decided to drop an email to one of my favourite organisations, The Plastic Pollution Coalition (PPC). To my delight there was a quick response and within days their CEO and inspiring co-founder, Dianna Cohen graciously set up a meeting with me on my last day in...
A Chat with Costa Part I - The Aperture of Life02 Jun 2016 | Read More >
He is arguably the most popular and enthusiastic of all hosts of ABC's Gardening Australia program. You will see him around in a number of aliases, having a good time. Regardless, the one thing that always comes with a Costa Georgiadis appearance is a contagious positivity and your sudden...
3 Easy Ways to Reduce Waste When Eating Out.13 Sep 2016 | Read More >
Fair Food Forager is built on the idea that millions of daily micro decisions can have a massive effect at a macro level. In Australia alone, the take away coffee cup market is a $30 million dollar a year industry Read more. About 1.1 million coffee cups are thrown out in Australia everyday. A...
A Life Without Plastic - Interview with Erin Rhoads18 Nov 2015 | Read More >
There is lots going on out there, with many inspired people making changes and helping others learn how to live more in tune with nature, creating less waste, improving life for future generations. Lets meet one and ask a few fair questions. 1. Introduction. My name is Erin, I am a plastic free,...
Owed to Moose28 Jul 2016 | Read More >
This one is for me, its for my best mate Moose and I! I haven’t seen him yet, I’m in the air, somewhere over NSW, but I know he isn’t there anymore. The big black, laid back, super calm shadow of me, for twelve years is no longer there. For twelve years he has followed me absolutely everywhere. If...